Sometimes you need just a quick delicious breakfast to get the energy to kick start your morning.
If you are not on an intermittent fasting program or specific keto regimen, this may be the perfect recipe for those short on time but looking to gain the benefits of breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so stop relying on unfounded reasons to avoid it.
Clinical studies have correlated eating a healthy breakfast with good health. This includes enhancing memory, concentration, lowering harmful LDL cholesterol, and lower risks of diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. In fact a good breakfast is associated with a lower body mass index.
NO MORE EXCUSES:
With all of my coaching experience, I have to say that breakfast is still one of the most common habits that people have difficulty with. Why? Excuses.
“I don’t have time for it”.
“I want to sleep longer”.
“I don’t have appetite in the morning”.
“I don’t know what to eat”.
“I read that not having breakfast accelerates fat loss”.
Wrong. Wrong and wrong. In my opinion, breakfast is the MOST important meal of the day because we need energy in order to function properly–for our muscles, and especially for our brain.
What is the first thing you do after waking up? Let me guess. CHECK YOUR PHONE.
So, that means you are probably wasting 5 to 15 minutes that you could easily spend making a delicious breakfast on social media or checking email, which can wait! Why, exactly? Is that so important for you? I don’t think so.
My advice: wake up 5 minutes earlier, skip checking your phone first thing, and direct yourself to the kitchen to prepare a nice breakfast based on your goals.
Whenever you skip breakfast, I’m pretty sure you choose to grab a salad for lunch and then what? Have a HUGE dinner. Why??? Because you are starving from under eating all day.
Am I right? Yes, I am.
Breakfast is even more crucial if you are training in the morning, since you will need energy to sustain the workout. I am absolutely okay with having a lighter meal that doesn’t upset your stomach while training.
For example, start your day with a shake. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
Here Is How:
- 3 tbsp Greek Yogurt 0% (4gr Pro- 2gr Cho- 0gr Fat)
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter (3.5gr Pro- 3gr Cho-9gr Fat)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen berries (0.4gr Pro- 12gr Cho- 0.4 fat)
- 1 SCOOP DIOXYME New Zealand Whey Protein, any flavor you like (30gr Pro- 5gr Cho- 1ge Fat)
- Remember, the nutrient values I have listed for this recipe are based on measured values. A measured tablespoon means the yogurt fills the tablespoon and is flat, not piled high.
- Add the Yogurt, peanut butter, frozen berries and New Zealand Whey protein powder to a blender.
- Add water and turn on the blender. The more water you add, the more volume you will get.
- Pour it in a cup, or drink it straight from the blender!